Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, snow, and more snow!

Man, there is a lot of snow out there. We got about 18-20 inches yesterday on top of the 21 inches we got Saturday. We were out snow blowing and shoveling yesterday. Just one hint for all you who use snow blowers. DON"T bump your hand against the muffler at all costs. I made that mistake for the first and last time ( hopefully )  yesterday and it burned my finger through my glove! Figures it was on my guitar hand before a music day. Thankfully, there was lots of cold snow to stick my hand in. I thank God that it wasn't my whole hand! Well, We have been pretty much stuck at home. So, I have had plenty of time to practice my hammered dulcimer. I am getting started on arranging some songs to record for an album I am producing. Hopefully, I will get it done soon. Well, Talk to you all later.

JD 

3 comments:

  1. What a kind of album are you working on?? Orignal songs?? Great excuse to play your HD!
    Has the snow melted enough to get around yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an instrumental album with mostly hymns. I am working on some original songs, but not for this album. I have figured out how to make my dulcimer sound like it has dampers on it. Yes, I have gotten a lot better at the HD with all the practice that I have had.

    Yes, the snow has melted enough to get around, but the roads were pretty bad for a while. It is a perfect snow for making snow balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear the album...you'll have to send me a copy when it's done!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete