Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remembrance Day Parade

This weekend we had a parade in honor of the Union forces that died during the battle of Gettysburg.
It was a lot of fun. We march about a mile and a half down main street. It was a lot of fun. The funny thing is... ... I was really hoping that my shoes wouldn't come untied, but sure enough we step off for the parade and what happens??? My shoe come untied... and every time we stopped we started again before I had time to tie them. O' well, what can I say.

Here are the pictures!!!!
Abraham Lincoln
Fredrick Douglas


Our unit The 100th Pennsylvania

The punishment for braking the rules was that you had to wear the offense written on a board.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a LOT of fun. Our season is starting up here for Christmas parades!!!

    You all probably think I'm crazy, but it has just been miserably cold here today. The high was around 61 and the lows are in the 30's. I know...but hey, I'm an Arizona girl. (I don't know what cold is, OK?!?) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :) You don't know what cold is? :)

    Hey...... 30 some is cold compared to 116..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXACTLY!!! Way to go, Jake! I get laughed at so often (maybe by someone named David???) because I get so cold. Buuutttt...when your body is used to 116, 30 some IS cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha.... Sorry, I had to laugh. Cold? It is supposed to be in the teens here next week. I have been working on my truck outside and I haven't been that cold, but I do have a much higher internal thermostat. Like my good friend David. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...yeah...yeah...."higher internal thermostat" That's funny!!

    David gives me a lot of grief about being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah...there is a really neat Josh Turner song about the ?Civil War? and i put it to a video on my blog,,,,,yeah...another HORSE video (the one of me and my big horse)

    ReplyDelete