Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Ragamuffin: My Thoughts




“So go out and live real good and I promise you'll get beat up real bad. But, in a little while after you're dead, you'll be rotted away anyway. It's not gonna matter if you have a few scars. It will matter if you didn't live.” 
― Rich Mullins


“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.” 
― Rich Mullins






To start this movie was a complete earth shattering experience for me.  It shook me to the very core of who I am. To be honest I have never really liked Rich's music, but after watching this movie and seeing who he was and what he struggle with. It left me with a deep respect for him as a person.

 Honestly, I have been struggling with so much in my life lately. The biggest thing I have been struggling with is how can God love me? How? I am such a mess and I mess up everyday of my life. Now yes, I knew that He loves me. I truly knew that, but I didn't feel it. While watching this movie it was like a light bulb went off in my head. Seeing Rich struggle with feeling like God actually loved him and realizing. Nothing I can do will ever remove Gods love for me. He loves me soo much that he came and died for me and for the whole world. Now if that isn't true love then I don't know what true love is. I know God loves me and am fully secure in that.

"A ragamuffin knows he is only a beggar at the door of God's mercy!" Brennan Manning

"I am now utterly convinced that on Judgement day the Lord Jesus will ask one question and only one question. Did you believe that I loved you?" Brennan Manning


“Christianity is not about building an absolutely secure little niche in the world where you can live with your perfect little wife and your perfect little children in your beautiful little house where you have no gays or minority groups anywhere near you. Christianity is about learning to love like Jesus loved and Jesus loved the poor and Jesus loved the broken.” 
― Rich Mullins


“So go out and live real good and I promise you'll get beat up real bad. But, in a little while after you're dead, you'll be rotted away anyway. It's not gonna matter if you have a few scars. It will matter if you didn't live.”
― Rich Mullins


“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
― Rich Mullins

I am a Ragamuffin


No comments:

Post a Comment